Saturday, February 13, 2010

Speeding

I dunno, it just seems like it's going a little too fast. I mean, it's just over two weeks since the beginning of head start and I'm almost through Captain and into Admiral. If this is really as long as it's going to take to max out in terms of level, why even bother having levels at all? It just seems to me like a lot more effort should have to be expended to make the higher ranks than required right now.

I am having a pretty good time with this game, but it just seems like what some people are saying is true: It's a bit lighter on content than it should be. That's not to say I'm not still encountering new missions, but also a lot of re-hashes of the same missions with different environments or with or without bad guys to fight.

I'm just hoping that when I max out on Admiral there's still lots of stuff to do. After all, it seems that anyone who plays this game for even a short amount of time is going to be one. Funny how it's so early along in the life of the game, and yet right now it feels like I've almost played it through.

I definitely think they rushed this game out when they should have taken a little more time creating missions and other content. Still, I'll be just as happy if they deliver the content in future patches. The way I look at it is that the MMO and Trekkie communities have embraced this game to the tune of a million registered accounts, and so we should have the right to expect a level of content and updating worthy of a top-ranked MMO. I don't expect miracles two weeks in, but at the same time my expectations are high, higher than they were before we knew for certain that this game would be a hit.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment