Thursday, February 4, 2010

Warp Speed

Yeah, that's the reason why I haven't written here in  few days. I've been playing STO. Once my collector's edition arrived and I finally figured out how to claim my bonuses, I started playing, a lot. It's pretty much what I've been doing for the last couple of days. I'm currently a Lt. Commander, Grade 6, about to be Grade 7.

I've gotten pretty good at space and ground combat, too. I don't die all that often (at least at the moment), and I've got myself a nice bank of energy credits for if and when I need them.

There are a few little things that annoy me though. For example, there's a mission where you have to destroy Rubindium asteriods. When you target these things, your ship suddenly announces that you're under attack and declares red alert. Why is a Red Alert declared for targeting a piece of rock that doesn't shoot back? The same thing happens when you destroy B'Vat's empty ship at the end of the Guardian of Forever mission. What exactly is my ship supposed to be under attack from?

There are also many missions that could be explained more clearly, such as ones that take you to the Sierra-39 starbase, rather than the Sierra-9 Outpost (or something like that). Very confusing. I'm hoping stuff like this will be resolved in future patches.

According to MMORPG.com, STO already has over a million subscribers, just two days after it's official launch. That's great, and I think it validates what I've been saying all along: This game is gonna be a huge hit.

So, I'll keep checking in. I never get so lost in a game that I don't surface and write about it. Still, I have to admit that it's been a long time since I've taken up this much of my free time with any single game. Right now, though, it's time for dinner. Maybe after that I'll do a few more missions. I want to make Grade 7 before bed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment